Motion-controlled hallway lights are the smart home hack I can’t shut up about

0
philips hue motion sensor
Credit: Rita El Khoury / Android Authority

Last week, for the millionth time or more, I found myself extolling the virtue of installing a motion sensor and smart lights in my hallway in front of complete strangers. Yes, this is my life; I mention that I write about mobile and smart tech at parties and get-togethers, and somehow find myself in the middle of big debates about the benefits of building a smart home, the best mobile operating systems, and what phone you should buy your grandma for Christmas.

But as I mentioned my motion-controlled lights once more, it occurred to me that it’s the simplest and most basic smart home automation, so much so that many of us take it for granted now. A lot of smart home newcomers might get sucked into extreme setups, apps, services, and expensive appliances, all without realizing that one basic motion sensor and smart light can really change their lives.



from Android Authority https://ift.tt/cmsvAgB
via IFTTT